- Families love to visit Southbank, Brisbane. Southbank is a glorious stretch of man-made beach, aquatic parks, French and Greek themed markets, restaurants and café’s right in the heart of Brisbane City. In summer there is often open air movie screenings for children and adults. It’s not hard to see why this is our number 1 for families when they holiday to Brisbane.
- Want the children to put down the IPad? Like board games? Then take the family to Club Sosay www.clubsosay.com is located in Paddington just outside of Brisbane CBD. It is a new revolutionary café with over 200 board games. Think old school Snakes and Ladders, Hungry Hungry Hippo and Connect 4. Club SoSays offers an experience suitable for people of all ages, and it doubles as a licence restaurant and features a child and adult friendly menu. Brilliant!
- A trip to Brisbane wouldn’t be complete without a trip to Mt Coot-tha. The list of activities to enjoy is endless. Take in scenic and panoramic views of Brisbane, enjoy a bush walk – there is even a kids trail and an Aboriginal Art Trail which shows how indigenous art is used as a way of mapping the land and passing on cultural information. It really is a beautiful way for families to spend the day together.
- Spend a day at the Queensland Museum and art gallery for some culture and learning. Both offer activities and exhibitions for all ages. There is also a Children’s Art Centre located within GOMA that offers a summer holiday festival for children of all ages.
- Ride a ferry up or down the Brisbane River on the citycat. This trip will delight any boat loving child & adults. It is so much fun! especially on a beautiful day. Stop off at New Farm Park. There you will find a fabulous kids playground and wonderful spots to have a nice family picnic. If you head there on a Saturday (2nd and 4th Saturday each month) be sure to check out the markets.
To book a babysitter for a day (or night) when you are here with your family, please click on the below or call us on 07 3376 4349 to discuss your babysitting needs.
Brisbane -Top experiences for families