Screening and Hiring of Nannies
Screening of Nannies
Our dedicated team of Nannies and Babysitters show high levels of professionalism.
Nannies will have qualifications that will include:
- At least 12 months experience working with children.
- 100 points of ID.
- A valid blue card or nanny is willing to obtain one (this is the criminal check which is conducted by the government department)
- Undertaken a successful interview by Centenary Nannies (face to face or via Skype). The staff will screen applicants for their appearance, communication skills, knowledge of children, personality and their capabilities.
- Provided Centenary Nannies with at least two child care references and one character reference, which Centenary Nannies staff will have checked and deemed successful.
- All nannies should have their own public liability/ insurance. We recommend 2 companies where nannies can source their own insurance. One is http://www.nannysure.com.au and the other is http://www.altiorainsurance.com.au.
Other desirable measures can include:
- Drivers licence.
- Current first Aid certificate.
- Bronze medallion/Life saving certificate.
- Child Care certifications.
Hiring a Nanny
Step 1: We at Centenary Nannies will discuss with you the client what services you require. A form will be sent to you to sign.
Step 2: A non refundable deposit of $100 will be required if you choose to continue with the services at Centenary Nannies.
Step 3: We at Centenary Nannies will assess Nannies on our database to find who is most appropriate for your family.
Step 4: We will pass on your phone number to the Nannies chosen. From here they will call you to organise a suitable time for an interview with you and the family.
Step 5: After you interview a number of Nannies it is your choice who you decide.
Step 6: It is your duty to inform Centenary Nannies of your choice. You may wish to advise us why you did not choose the other candidates so as we can pass this information onto them. This may help them in future interviews.
Step 7: Now that you have chosen a Nanny the remainder of the placement fee will be due. We do have credit card facilities. Sorry we do not accept AMEX or DINERS.
Each position has a trial period of 8 weeks. During this time if you or the Nanny is unhappy with the progress, you can inform the Agency and we can help to organize another replacement at no extra cost. If after selecting the second nanny and you are still not satisfied, you will have to start the process again, which will include paying the placement fee again.