Sunshiny Gold Coast: Top 5 experiences for families
- Park up a spot on one of the glorious Gold Coast beaches for the day and enjoy a day of relaxation in the sun. Think sand castles, sun-safe sun bathing and dips in the pristine ocean (between the flags of course).
- Book the kids in for a surfing lesson. The Gold Coast has some of the best surf so we suggest that you take advantage of this opportunity to try something new. Get Wet Surf School offers lessons at the Spit beach which is situated just a couple of kilometres north of Surfers Paradise.
- Take a day trip to Currumbin Wildlife Centre with the kids and experience some amazing contact with beautiful Australian wildlife. Feed a koala while you are there! If you are visiting during school holidays we suggest checking out the school holiday program for further entertainment. http://www.cws.org.au/new-school-holiday-fun/
- If you have more time up your sleeves we suggest hiring a car and driving approx. 45 minutes to Crystal Castle. Located in Mullumbimby in northern NSW, Crystal Castle is set amongst pristine gardens with names like Buddha Walk and the Forest of Friends and Family. It creates a place of relaxation like no other, a spiritual getaway for the family. Crystal Castle is also home to the Enchanted Cave which is the biggest Amethyst walk-in crystal cave! Kids can also get creative and enjoy learning about dragons, fairies and crystals. There is also free face painting for kids during the weekend and school holidays. For more information about Crystal Castle please check out their website www.crystalcastle.com.au
- Visit a theme park!! The sunshiny Gold Coast has a mecca of theme parks including Dream World, Movie World, Sea World and Wet and Wild. Each theme park can cater for families with kids of all ages. It will be hard to decide which one to go to, so best work this one out in advance.
If you decide that you want some kid-free time while you visit the Gold Coast, please contact Centenary Nannies to book a babysitter for a day (or night) when you are here with your family. Click on the below or call us on 07 3319 5095 to discuss your babysitting needs.