Warming, soothing and luxurious experience to be had! Please see our home-made bath-bomb recipe below!
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup Epsom salts
- 1 tsp. water
- 2 tsp. essential oil (I used Rose Geranium)
- 3 tsp. oil (olive oil or coconut oil)
- BEAUTIFUL dried herbal tea, flowers or oatmeal (I used dried Rose petals) make a wonderful addition. Combine as much or little as you like
- Tip: You can add more dry ingredients once you get to the mold stage.
- Bowl (metal or glass)
- Kitchen whisk
- Glass jar
- Bath bomb molds (I made miniature bombs using the molds of an old ice tray).
1. Sift the dry ingredients in a bowl and then gently mix them together using the whisk. If you don’t have a whisk on hand I believe that a fork will work just as well at combining the ingredients.
2. Into the old repurposed and clean jam-jar combine the essential oil, water and oil.
3. Slowly pour and mix the jar ingredients into the dry ingredients.
4. Pack your mixed ingredients into your molds.
5. Place molds in a warm and dry place to set. Note: you will want to use these within a couple of weeks to stop them drying out.
6. Pop one of the bombs out (or 2-3 if you used an ice tray like me!) and drop into a warm running bath!
7. Lay back and relax!