Edible play dough! Can you believe it??? And not just non-toxic! Actually edible! There are actually numerous recipes available online. We decided to go next level-up creative and put a Vegan spin on a standard edible chocolate play dough. Please see recipe below!
The Cacao Chocolatey Edible Play Dough Delight
- 6-8 tablespoons of cocoa/cacao powder.
- 4 tablespoons of icing sugar.
- 1/4 cup of dairy-free butter.
Tip – Take the dairy free butter out of the fridge 45 minutes before you want to start making the playdough so it is at room temperature and therefore it will be soft to work with. If you are creating this is a warmer climate or the summer months you will need to use your initiative with how long it will take to get to room temperature.
- 1. Weigh out the cacao and icing sugar.
- 2. Mix the cacao, icing sugar into the dairy-free spread.
- 3. Gently knead the ingredients together to make a dough to play with and there you go it is ready!
Tip – If consistency is too wet add a little more flour until it resembles and feels like store-bought playdough.
Thoughts – Come to think of it, if you were to add flour, soaked chia seeds and almond milk to it you pretty much have a cake dough right? Although it wouldn’t be very appetising once little hands have kneaded, dropped, bitten into and mouthed away at it all morning or afternoon…
Prefer the standard non edible but low-toxic play dough variety? Please have a look at our recipe at the following link