Feeling creative? I loved making my own sock-puppet! It was a lot of fun and actually easy. Although our first sock-puppet was quite conservative, you can get as creative as you like with them! Think googlies eyes, masses of different coloured hair and even a beard if you wanted! Please see our sock-puppet recipe below:
What you need…
- Any old sock ( we used an old and long sports sock).
- 2-3 buttons (any colour but try to have same size).
- Pen or Marker.
- needle thread (any colour).
How to make…
- Put the sock on your hand and close fingers over palm half way, turn hand towards you so you can see where the puppet mouth will be.
- Take your pen or marker and mark out where the puppets eyes will be. Place a dot there that will be covered by the buttons.
- Sew the eyes on using needle and thread. Tip: It doesn’t have to be perfect so don’t be too hard on yourself if like me you find that sewing buttons is not your specialty!
- Now it should be looking like a sock-puppet! You can also add hair using old string or cut up and sewn on strips of rags but that is entirely up to you!
Not sure how to sew a button on for your sock-puppets eyes? Please see out blog Sew a button for the how to!