Do you have a juicer at home? Did you know that you could dust of the Juicer and engage it to make up batches of super easy Finger-paint at home? What are you waiting for? Grab out the Juicer, pull out the old carrots, limp kale and beets from the back of the fridge and let’s get creative!
- Juicer, blender or food processor
- Old (but not rotten) brightly colored veggies
- Corn starch
- Big A5 pieces of white or brown craft paper
- Old clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Kids who want to get painting!
- Blend your choice of dark veggies with water in a food processor or blender. Use three parts water to one part vegetables. Kale, beets and carrots work well because the pigments are strong and are perfect match for crafts.
- Strain the veggie juice to remove the thick lumpy parts, so you have only the liquid juice remains.
- Thicken the juice with corn starch if you want thicker textured paint or just leave it as a watery watercolor.
- Get out the paper.
- Find a breeze free flat spot to lay out the craft paper.
- Get painting!
Tip: You can store veggie-paint in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks and bring it out whenever the creative juices take you.