Nanny/House manager Extraordinaire wanted!
We have a role for a very organized and caring person to help a family in Hamilton as their nanny/house manager.
The family consists of 2 adults and 1 girl aged 1 year. In March, 2019 there will be a wonderful new addition to the family, as adorable baby number 2 is due to join them!
Both parents work in the medical profession and are extremely busy hence requiring home help.
This is a very hands-on position and would suit an experienced, active, confident, friendly individual able to prioritise their working day effectively. Your role is to help with all childcare related duties for the beautiful 1-year-old girl and the baby once they arrive in 2019. You will also be required to complete and assist with house management duties such as washing, some ironing, changing bed linen, cooking and general tidying of the home and children’s areas.
You will need to have experience working with babies and toddler upwards in order to be considered and successful in this role. This is a sole charge role, however at times you will be working along-side Mum. It is essential that you are willing and have the ability to work in both capacities.
You will need to be friendly, caring and able to work in a team environment as well as demonstrate open communication with the second nanny/house manager when they join in March, 2019. You will be you will be working on different days/times to each-other.
The hours available from January, 2019 – March, 2019 are:
- Monday – Wednesday 12:30pm-6:30pm
- Saturday & Sunday 3pm-6pm
From March 2019 onwards the hours will change and increase to:
- Monday – Wednesday 8am-8pm
- Saturday & Sunday 3pm-8pm
- Providing childcare to 1-year-old girl and infant when born in March
- Washing, ironing and laundering linen and clothes
- Tidying home and vacuuming/mopping floors
- Preparing meals for the family/baby
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Experience working as a nanny
- Empathetic, warm, friendly, mature and confident personality
- Ability to work in a home environment whilst the parents are present on occasion.
- Ability to run a household and provide childcare to 1-year-old girl and newborn baby.
- Ability to prioritise effectively to meet the requirements of this role
- Flexibility and adaptability to the requirements of the position
- Safe and confident driver with unrestricted Australian Class C Driving licence
- Solid experience in a similar position is preferred
- A qualification in Childcare is preferred however not essential
- Must have a current BlueCard
- Must have a current first aid certificate
This role is integral to the functioning of this professional family. Therefore they are seeking someone on a longer term basis and open to applications from various backgrounds and experience, however you MUST have experience as a nanny with preference given to those applicants who have both nanny and house manager experience.
The role is to start when you can!
Non-smokers need only apply.