Make your own homemade pancakes! It is actually really easy!
- 1 cup self-raising flour or buckwheat flour (add 1 teaspoon baking powder if using buckwheat).
- 250 mls warm water.
- This will make approx. 8 small pancakes for stacking OR 4 large pancakes if you prefer them to fill the size of your plate!
- Butter – to your desire or coconut oil for the pan.
- Mix flour and water together until you get a lump free and runny pancake consistency.
- Add butter to pan or oil and heat to bubbling hot.
- Once pan is hot, using a spoon or spatula add some of the mixture to the pan – I like to cover the surface of the pan so start from the middle out until you get the diameter of pancake size you would like.
- Turn down the heat slightly down then put the timer on for 1min or you can wait until the pancake mixture shows signs of bubbling.
- FLIP the pancakes in the pan using a spatula. Cook for a further 1min on the other side.
- Place cooked pancakes on plates and top with your favorite fruits, maple syrup, chocolate sauce or honey and dig in!
Pancakes at home