Keep warm this winter with this delicious Pumpkin Soup recipe that even the kids will enjoy. It will become a family favourite in no time!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 leak, white part only, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1kg peeled pumpkin, diced
- 1 large potato, peeled, diced
- 1L chicken liquid stock or vegetable liquid stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thin cream
Step 1 Heat oil in a large saucepan over low heat, add onion and leek and cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened but not coloured. Add garlic and spices and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add pumpkin, potato and stock and bring to the boil. Turn heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, then blend in batches.
Step 2 Return soup to pan, stir through cream and reheat gently. Season and add a little more nutmeg if desired. Serve with crusty bread.